DevOps Engineer (EMEA)
Custodia Technology is recruiting a DevOps Engineer who possesses a broad spectrum of expertise in building and supporting full production stacks, including networking, Windows/Linux systems, high-availability, performance monitoring, CI/CD and version control.
The Custodia Technology development team focusses on cross platform developments spanning numerous technologies with rapid evolving deployment cycles on a global enterprise scale. This is a challenging role and the chosen candidate will show a keen interest and demonstrate the ability to establish new ideas in all areas from system design & development to data storage, information retrieval to artificial intelligence.
As part of the development team the DevOps Engineer will play an instrumental role in designing and building new products. The chosen candidate will work as part of a collaborative team with a flat structure that will allow them to make a real impact.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management (high availability, mirroring, performance)
- Extensive experience working with Splunk (implementation, maintenance, data source Integration)
- A proven track record in developing Python applications
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems (CentOS, RedHat)
- Proficiency in MS SQL Server (BI, analytics) — advantage
- A knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS or Google Cloud Platform — advantage
- Some experience with automation — advantage
- Experience working with Jira — advantage
- Able to use a depth and breadth of experience to support technical issues within the development team.
- In-depth knowledge of DB applications (in particular MSSQL and MySQL), scripting, and manipulation
- Proven experience of database administration, maintenance, upgrades and migration
- Technically adept in IP networks and protocols (Ethernet, VoIP, Application level protocols)
- Knowledge of Security (Domain Setting, SSL, Encryption/Decryption) – advantage
- Process oriented thinking with proven ability to design and deploy solutions and services
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences with the correct level of detail
- Quick to grasp technical details at a system and component level
- Ability to independently evaluate and task priorities to meet tight deadlines. Agile methodology
- Work non-traditional hours including nights, weekend and holidays may be required
- Excellent English written and spoken (other languages – advantage)
- Open to domestic and international travel
Education & Certification Requirements
- Certified Engineer / Technician through secondary education or workplace experience – advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar – advantage
- Splunk certification – required